Sunday, October 01, 2006

Newcastle United Preview



I will try to preview NUFC games from now on. From now on I'll try to do it during the week, but since this nugget of genius just hit me today, it's being published today. Following is the first match preview.

Newcastle has never won a single match at Old Trafford in the Premiership. With such an extensive injury list, it makes it difficult to believe that they'll pull one out this weekend. Given, Ameobi, Solano, Rossi, and of course Owen are all out with knocks, and Babayaro and Bramble are both to sit out with match bans. Our already-thin defense is left lacking once again, and with Rooney looking to get back on track, I'm guessing he'll come out sparkling against us, as he typically does. The young Taylor will try his best, but I'm guessing that he'll come up a bit short tomorrow. Our mid is not quite as hurting, with Duff, Emre, the newly appointed England star Parker, and Milner likely getting nods. With N'Zogbia able to fill in either in mid or defense at around the 60th minute, he'll be a great value on our bench. As for attack, hopefully Martins can continue delighting us with his celebratory backflips, and I'm hoping he'll be partnered by Luque for the first half, with Sibierski waiting to fill in for the second half. I'm dying to see Luque perform when it matters, as he's proven he's got a massive shot, but hasn't made it count when it really could benefit the club. His real problem is his pace and dedication, but I'm hoping Martins' immense speed can make up for the both of them.
On Manchester's side, Park and Silvestre are out, which will hopefully give Fletcher a starting spot, which, as usual, he will spoil away with his consistent laughable performance. Fletcher is the Bramble of MUFC. As I said, I'm sure Rooney will shine tomorrow, but maybe, just maybe, with enough blunders from Fletcher and Ferdinand, and hopefully an ill-advised early red card from the bafoon Heinze, NUFC can pull out a surprising draw 1-1 at OT. But I doubt it.

My official prediction:
Manchester United: 3-1 :Newcastle United

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home