Thursday, October 05, 2006

No matches; No preview.

I'm sure my loyal fans (fan?) out there are going to be devastated, but since there are no premiership matches to be played this weekend, we'll all have to keep contemplating the poorly scheduled Euro qualifier and if/how Crouchie can look even more like an arachnid than last week. Also, my man Scotty Parker will be getting a run out so if he gets any touches, surely the game will go our way. Keep an eye out for him.

So, with no premiership games this weekend, we can concentrate on any number of other important issues surrounding the world of Architecture and Football.
*Joey Barton's ass. Probably the most important topic, but I'm sure there are other, more appropriate websites to visit if you're into that sort of thing.
*Tevez and Mascherano being urged to quit West Ham. I think this is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. These guys have never fit at that place, we all know that they're there strictly because of obvious behind-the-scenes posturing by enormous, faceless corporate conglomerates who have taken over the game of football. A sad occurence being made into a clumsy indication of where this game is headed.
*When Beckham will retire from real football and begin his pathetic MLS career. I mean, how perfect would it be to see Mr. Posh in a Houston Dynamo Jersey? Ehem. Houston Dynamo kit.

*The incredibly predictable and ridiculously difficult UEFA Cup group Newcastle got drawn into. Fenerbahce, Palermo, Celta Vigo and Eintracht Frankfurt. That's just wild. We'll be really happy with 7 points, and in a group like that, 7 points will probably do it.
*Now, finally, to a bit about architecture. I've had a request to do an essay on buildings or arhitects who have influenced me. I will dive into that project and come up with a more comprehensive list, but for the moment, I'll say this: Whenever people ask me "Why did you become an architect?" I always give them the same, fairly fragmented answer of "The Fred and Ginger building by Frank Gehry." Now, at the moment there are many many buildings that I admire much more than this one. But at a certain moment when I was a high school student, and I thought the extent of interesting architecture was secret rooms and sunroofs, I saw the cover of Time Magazine with this building on it and finally actually realized that architecture, as I had always heard, was truly an art which had science and logic infused WITHIN it. It didn't have to be based around making money. It could make a statement. And if there was any chance that I could make my own statements using steel, glass and stone, then sign me up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home