Thursday, July 10, 2008

Marketing

After hearing this past weekend that Mrs. Architecturefootballandfood's cousin is going through with the house we designed for her and is already in advance negotiations and value engineering with the contractor, all I can think about is continuing our little side project and building more houses and small architecture projects. We've been doing graphic design as our main money maker for way too long, and we've really always wanted to be architects, well and true. So now there are three things that we need. 1) a license. We actually DONT need it to do small house projects and stuff. But if we ever plan on becoming proper architects its the only thing we need to break that glass ceiling. And I just received my notice yesterday that I finished all necessary preliminary steps and now I can begin taking exams!!! Now I just need to start studying for them..... 2) A killer marketing strategy. This has been all I've been thinking about recently. How can a tiny little "office" like ours get clients - and the right kind of clients - to keep this feeling going? How can we turn one or two projects in to one or two hundred? I need to find out what that Facebook kid did. 3) PROJECTS. Hopefully this will come after we succeed at number 2. Or heck, even before. Spread the word people!! PLEX is BOND.

Any great marketing strategies? Leave 'em here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you need a 4th reader to get any good marketing strategies.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am back from vaca. That is awesome they are going forward with your house, that has got to be a great feeling. First marketing strategy is get an engineer on board. :)

No I would think the main thing you need is a website, which you have. The next thing would be to advertise which can be any a number of things from putting an ad in the Reader to putting something in the architectural digest. I dont know if there is an Illinois section of AIA or not but we have a newsletter for an illinois section and you can advertise as an engineer in there. Also getting involved with the younger member group of AIA and just doing word of mouth.

But hey, I am no marketing guru...

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home