Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Rant

Okay.

We have a client, who will remain unnamed, who apparently has a problem with me. First, a couple weeks ago, I sent him a set of drawings, and he sent back comments for me to modify the drawings. I did the modifications, sent him a NEW set of drawings, then he writes a nasty email to my superior saying that I missed nearly ALL of his comments. Well, upon further review of his email and its attachment, he was looking at the OLD set of drawings AGAIN. He saw the exact same set of drawings twice, and said that I missed MOST of the comments. He didn't even see the new set that I sent him. Idiot.

And this time, he sends us an email in his pathetically cryptic English capabilities, misspelled, non-punctuated, as always. He tries to convey in words what's in the little head that he owns, and, as always, does a terrible job at it. Knowing how it is my responsibility to read his mind and come up with a solution BETTER than what he asked for, I go above the call of duty and make some spreadsheets for him. Well, he has a problem with these, so he decides to write to me and my boss and the attorney on the job, telling me how "he doesn't like the spreadsheets." and then he talks about how they're too "complicated." Yeah - for him, maybe. It was like when George Bush was trying to score one on Kerry for Kerry saying that the procedure for voting for funding the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan was "complicated." YES, IT IS COMPLICATED. Deal with it.

Anyway, twice in a row now, I've been villainized for my client being a moron without enough time or patience. And I fear that I will be punished for it, in the end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be for the day for things like this to happen, I am having one of those days dealing with a client. I would have gotten more done today if I didn't come into work.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is hard working for the man....stupid man.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home