Friday, November 10, 2006

Newcastle United Preview (+ Full Prem Preview!)


Since Newcastle will be taking a less pronounced role in this blog, I present to you: the weekly NUFC preview AND weekend preview in the premiership!

First, let's get this over with.
Glenn, please don't play Bramble. Taylor and Ramage in the middle, Carr and Babayaro one the outsides. I don't like Carr OR Babayaro, but they're fairly solid, and typically won't give up any goals. If only Carr could complete a decent cross, we'd be rollin'. In the midfield, I say play Duff on the left, where he's comfortable. Let Parker pair up with Emre in the middle, and start DYER on the right. Let's ALL hope that Dyer sports a pair of those WICKED goggles like Edgar Davids. I despise Edgar Davids, but his glasses are top. It'll be great to get Dyer back in the fold. It's tough for me to know where to put him because he's not been in the squad much lately. He could play center, winger or striker.
But for Striker, I hope Glenn follows through and plays Sibierski and Rossi up front. They could be a great pairing. Sibierski has scored more head goals than the rest of our team combined I think this season, and he's only played in European games. The guy deserves a run out. So then for the bench we've got N'Zogbia, Milner, Solano, Luque, and whichever keeper isn't injured at the moment. It'll probably be Harper starting and Given riding the pine (that'll be interesting to see.) But I think Given needs one more week.

Official Prediction:
Manchester City: 1-1 :Newcastle United

On to the rest:
Portsmouth v Fulham: As much as I bash Fulham, I hope they take this one, and I REALLY hate 'ARRY. He's got a turkey neck and a dirty accent, and he's funded by a less-cool version of Roman Abramovich. And he doesn't play Lua Lua NEARLY enough. And McBride will score 7 goals with his temple tomorrow.

Chelsea v Watford: Come on. If Newcastle can beat them, Chelsea will eat them. 4-0 Chelsea. Drogba will bag two. (please, for fantasy sake...)

Sheffield United v Bolton. I'm a Bolton hater. And it's not even because big Sam is a lying, cheating bastard. It's because that ear piece he wears annoys the crap out of me. It reminds me of Zoolander's phone. It's Fugly. And you know what else? Davies' head looks like a disfigured melon. Don't get me started. Don't EVEN get me started.

Everton v Villa: I'm going with Everton here. I want Andy Johnson to get back on the scoring track, and I'm tired of the whole "Martin O'Neil is God and Villa will win everything this season." I'm jealous. NUFC could have had him.

Blackburn v Man Utd: Not a big Blackburn fan. And as much as I LOVE to see Man Utd lose, the more weeks we've got with someone other than Chelsea top, the better this league is looking.

Reading v Tottenham: Did anybody see the Tottenham Chelsea match last week? After watching three NUFC games, I had forgotten how fun football could be. That match reinstated the joy in me. I hope Reading pulls this one out though; there's nothing better than listening to a REALLY tiny crowd going CRAZY for their home team.

Arsenal v Liverpool: Obviously nobody really cares about this match. I'm hoping Wenger pile -drives Rafa into the ground. I want them to put up their dukes. No gloves. Just good, old fashion fisticuffs for the supporters. And as much as you want to say "Oh Kevin. That's quite a funny quip you just made (as always!) you know that will never happen in the high-stakes, professional world of Top-flight football. The Premier League is made up of strictly gentlemen!" You know that somewhere in the back of your mind is a lingering thought that it's very possible, bordering on probable. I'm calling Wenger in 4 rounds. Rafa's girth will be no match for the insurmountable wingspan of the Wengmeister.

Enjoy the games, everyone.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just noticed the labels. I like those. I can weed out all the drab footbal nonsense. Thank you!

12:19 PM  
Blogger darkred said...

You spelled football wrong.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picky...Picky...

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish I'd read this BEFORE last week's matches, and had faith that Drogba would score... oh, and bought him too. Went and wasted all my hard-earned cash on a Liverpool midfielder, when I should have realized Arsene's piledriver was ready.

And you are picky.
-Karen

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home