Saturday, November 04, 2006

Newcastle United Weekend Wrapup

Newcastle are going to be one of the best Championship sides the league will have ever seen. That is, if they somehow change the form that they've been showing this entire season. As I said a couple weeks ago, this form will continue, and I repeat it here today - This form will continue throughout the season, and Newcastle will be relegated. And when that happens - they might actually have a battle to get back up into the Premiership.

This post will most probably represent the last regularly-posted entry (at least regarding NUFC) since it's not going to benefit myself or any readers to read the same rant-attacks on the same manager and coaches every week. I'm throwing my hands up in the air and saying "that's it - I've had enough." Really, the Magpies just aren't an interesting story anymore.

But one more rant won't hurt, will it? For old times sake...

Wow - it's actually really dark down here at the bottom of the table. I can barely make out the red and blue of Chelsea and Man United up at the top - even lowly Fulham looks happy and sparkly, sitting mid-table. I must be wearing hundreds and hundreds of sunglasses. That's how "bright" my "future" is. Hehe. Oh, boy..

Well, once again, Roeder came out with a ridiculous side, as my previous post stated. Babayaro, Moore, Bramble and Carr in the back. Babayaro has no interest in football, Moore, who looked like some sort of shameless hitman on the pitch today, is learning quickly from Bramble, who is too poor to waste any time on in this post. Carr looks like he's pushing 50 years old, as he consistently ruins offensive opportunities and gets caught out of position. How long has this record been broken for? Is Glenn deaf? Can't he hear this record skipping?
I won't even write about our midfield because they never touched the ball. Thanks to the defense lofting the ball forward every time they touched it, Parker and the rest of the ONLY positive attribute to our team was non-existent.
Again, Roeder played Duff up front, where he had no impact whatsoever. I can't stop laughing when I picture Glenn alone, in the shower or in his bed tonight, crying and asking "what else could I do? What else could I do?" Well Glenn - any number of things, really. All you listeners know my positions - since I've repeated them 3-4 times after seeing exactly the same failures week after week and not having anything new to talk about again.
But to place all the blame on the manager would be irresponsible and pointless. The players are the ones who are losing these games. All four defensive players (who were soully at fault for this game - and none of whom were ever substituted) were indescribably poor. I've already went over this. What I did NOT go over - is the exclusion of Steven Taylor AND Peter Ramage - easily the two most skilled defensemen. They were possibly injured, but I never heard anything about it. If so - that's the only adequate excuse.

So anyway, from here forward, I will put less effort into writing about Newcastle United, more effort into writing about more general, idealogical or theoretical football topics, but the MOST effort into writing about architecture. It's been sorely lacking, and I've had numerous requests for it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lowly" Fulham?! Sheesh. This season, we are actually getting the results one would expect from the talent we have playing to its potential. Thus we are mid-table.

NUFC is experiencing what Fulham did last year, namely an inexplicable failure of solid talent to produce what could reasonably be expected of them.

Don't talk yet of relegation. I'm confident that the statistics will bear themselves out and NUFC will climb to mid table before season's end. But man, do you miss Michael Owen.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Kev.... BUCK UP! The season's not over yet! You've been down before; they just need to find some of that Geordie resolve and get their crap together. Seemingly easier said than done, but NUFC has too much going for it to talk about relegation. So snap out of it, man.

9:00 PM  
Blogger darkred said...

Thanks for the comments, cous'es!
Ray - Please don't take too much offense to any Fulham bashing that has/will continue to go on in this blog. I've basically got a choice between bashing Fulham or Man U and right now - you're "it." No offense intended!
K+R- thanks for the show of support. In all honesty, I do NOT believe we'll be relegated in the end. But as of the moment, we've done nothing to show any signs of intent on changing - seriously. The same mistakes are being made week after week, especially in the back, and that's the most frightening of all.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you bash the greatest team in all of the premiership?!?! The Red devils are it

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home