Friday, November 17, 2006

Newcastle United Preview



Come on.

My Official Prediction:
Arsenal : 2-2 : Newcastle United

I'll never predict a loss. It's a formality that I can't overcome. If I COULD predict a loss - this would be the week I would, but I just can't.

Honestly though - is it just me or is it getting absolutely hilarious how much bad press is being thrown around about my beloved Toon? There's "Roeder Out," there's "Shephard Out," there's "Emre wants Out," there's "Losing money," there's "Owen's Done," there's "Babayaro Out," there's "Luque wants Out," there's "Arsenal hosting Newcastle this weekend," it just goes on and on.

But, I'm hoping Dyer has a killer game, and Parker gets back on the scoresheet. We're going to need to score this match because the Arsenal quick attack will leave our defense shaking in our boots. An early red card will help out, as will an own goal. If BOTH of those things happen, we'll be in with a shout. If not - a draw is the best we can hope for. Actually the BEST we can hope for would be if "Insene" Arsene Wenger sprouts devil horns, climbs up into the stands and eats Freddie Shephard's skull whole. Then, we'll be bought by a new suitor, and we won't have his incompetence to deal with anymore. And it'd be a heck of a clip on Match of the Day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you actually GET match of the day? I haven't seen that since I lived in the U of K.

7:52 PM  
Blogger darkred said...

No -

I just call the EPL Review show on FSC "Match of the Day" because it's similar and "Match of the Day" just sounds so damn catchy.
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go pick up some veg from Mark's and Spencer's. We're having a do at mum's in a fortnight.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home